Sunday 5 September 2010

Wild Cousins

The BBC Wildlife magazine for August had some amazing photos of a Scottish Wildcat - really out on location Simon King style! So I have a got at doing some pictures of them, copying the photos in the magazine obviously - there aren't too many wild cats round here!
This is an acrylic painting, and I'm really pleased with the fur. I feel like I'm getting better at blending the acrylic paint now, and at adding the details.

This is a mixed media picture - the background is watercolour and I've added detail with oil pastels. I'm pleased with the cat's patterning, and the foilage on the left of the picture. The right hand side I'm less happy with, it's not quite how I wanted it. I think when working with photos you sometimes need to apply some artistic license and I guess as I get more confident as an artist that will get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment