Tuesday 14 September 2010

Co-operative art

Today we worked with the year 2 students on a co-operative project. We all chose a colour or black and white image to copy, not knowing that they were in fact all related and would be brought together to form 2 giant pictures!

This is my first section. I thought it was a landscape. I recognised it as a Van Gogh, but not as Van Gogh! It is of course part of one of his self portraits. (mine is the one at the top!)
 

Now I get it! I hadn't even realised that my two pieces joined together! Thankfully we got to see the big picture when everything was put together.

There were two versions of this picture. I am responsible for the left hand portion of Van Gogh's beard. I think it's so amazing how it all fits well together, and I love that the different artist's techniques show through.

Unfinished but still brilliant! We used the 'original' for the top left hand piece. I am responsible for the bottom left hand piece of jacket and neck. Again it all fits so well together.
I actually went in to college a bit early this morning to try and finish the bottle, shell, pinecone piece. As yet it is unfinished, but I'm off to do that now, and will try and get it posted over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment