Sunday 5 September 2010

Favourite places and forbidden places

Here are two pictures of Nelson enjoying a favourite place and a forbidden place! He loves to sit here, curled up under the lower branches of a clematis - he fits so perfectly too! I drew this using the grid method, scaling up a photo. Unfortunately I ruled the lines on the photo, on top of this sheet so when I coloured with the colouring pencils I've ended up with a grid on the picture. Another useful lesson learned!

From a favourite place to a forbidden place! Due to Adrian having a slight cat hair allergy Nelson is not allowed on our bed. In our old house this was much easier to prevent, but occassionally here he sneaks in and has to be shooed out! When it was just me and Nelson he was allowed to sleep on the bed in the day, but not at night. Being woken by a cat breathing cat food breath all over you at 3am is not my idea of fun! This is a pastel pencil drawing - and I'm pleased with the fabric of the duvet cover. The photo I was working with just showed Nelson as a black blob so it was rather hard to draw him with any depth. The paper had a lot of texture to, hence the spotty look all over Nelson!

No comments:

Post a Comment