Tuesday 7 September 2010

A day of drawing!

We spent most of today drawing with different materials and using different techniques. I'm so glad the evening class I did prepared me for this. It felt familiar and it was good to spend the time practising my drawing again. We also did some stuff that was new to me, and that's been good for me too. Always good to be pushed out your comfort zone, which for me is an ordinary 2B pencil!
Stipling technique using a Sharpie marker
Cross hatching using a fine line pen
Not a fantastic photo, but these were done with ink and a stick!

Using a sketching stick (like pastel) and colour pencil - a combination I've never tried but like!


Colour pencil - just nicely in my comfort zone!


We also did lots of quick pencil sketches, using both hands, and looking only at the object, or not looking at the object etc. They haven't photographed well so I won't bother putting them up here. No homework, but we were told to personalise our sketch books, so I decorated mine when I got home. (See below!)


Hooray for glittery pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment