Monday 15 August 2016

Those monkeys? Nothing to do with me!

LWeekend catch up this morning!

Saturday was a fun day with a trip down to Airbourne. Lots of watching the Red Arrows, eating a yummy lunch and chilling out back here at home.

No smoothie as we had a cheeky cooked breakfast, and no dinner as we had the left overs from Friday's takeaway!

Sunday had a bit more creativity. 

Back on the breakfast smoothies again...and as this happens every morning and is basically the same recipe every morning - 2 bananas, couple of handfuls of kale or spinach, almond milk and some other fruit - I have decided not to bore you with it unless I try something different. I kind of feel that although I am making something, it is not really challenging my creativity, and is probably not an area where I want to put lots of creative time and thought.

I made vegetable chow mein for dinner. No photos as I forgot to take them! Easy recipe which I usually use for chicken or prawns but as we were having spare ribs I just made it with veggies. 

You marinate veggies, or chicken, or prawns or Quorn in dark soy sauce, sesame oil, cornflour and Chinese 5 spice. You cook the noodles, then stir fry the marinating mix (if you are doing chicken or prawn, I add spring onions, red pepper and bean sprouts at this point) Add the cooked noodles to the stir fry mix and there you go! Yummy! 

Not my recipe, I got it from this book which you can get on Amazon. Nice easy recipes, and usually not a huge list of crazy ingredients!



I also did some drawing.


This is how I want to be...lighter, freer, more random, more scattered. Not everyone's choice, I know! Most people want to be more organised, not more random, but in order to feel lighter and freer, I need space to be random and scattered. Routine helps a bit, but restraint does not. I kick against it, I feel anxious and suffocated, and a tiny bit rebellious! 

I also did some thinking about being judgmental. I realised I need to be less in everyone else's business, as well as being kinder to myself. (Awful to think that whatever I am judging myself so harshly for, e.g Simon's grubby face means I am not a caring mother, I probably apply to others...who wants to be that person? Not me, no sirree!) 

In the spirit of this, I printed out this colouring page.


This is a Polish saying which means, not my problem. I need to remind myself when I start getting all Judgy McJudgeface with other people that it's not my circus, those aren't my monkeys! In other words, butt out! 

Now that all got a bit heavy, so just to end on a lighter note, here is my favourite monkey in my circus!










No comments:

Post a Comment