Monday 22 August 2016

Quilting and cooking

Here's what I cooked yesterday, to welcome back the wanderer! 


Moroccan chicken from the Good Food pressure cooker cook book. (You can just see it in the background)  I did it in my electric pressure cooker, which I love and is one of the most used kitchen gadgets. 

I also made this in my food processor, another much used kitchen gadget!


A blackberry and clotted cream shortcake! I spotted the recipe on Facebook and shared it with Adrian who said 'yes please!' It's a BBC Good Food recipe and you can find it here. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2857/blackberry-and-clotted-cream-shortcake-

Both were delicious! 

And here's some better photos of Simon's I spy quilt. The idea is to have lots of fun print and then play I spy with all the pictures. I made mine a snap and I spy quilt so I had two squares of every fabric, so we can play matching and spotting! I used a disappearing 9 patch pattern. I backed it with fleece.

Here's the finished quilt draped over the sofa.


Here's some close ups.



I quilted either side of the seams.

Here's the back.



I even put one of my labels on it!


I'm really thrilled with how it turned out. And of course I have two more quilts in the planning stage!











1 comment:

  1. The quilt looks fantastic and it was great to be back home with some lovely home cooking

    ReplyDelete