Tuesday 30 August 2016

Days away, time to play and making gifts

We've been away for a few days so I haven't been able to post, or indeed had much to post! But now I'm back home here are a few creative things I've been doing.


I started this doodle drawing before we went away. No plan, just drawing what comes to mind. I've been musing on the idea of free spirit, of being less weighed down, or making life lighter and more fun.


I added a bit more here. I'm not keen on the lower right hand corner, but I may do more, or just leave it as it is. I also let Simon help and you can see his contributions on the left hand side.

I am also working on a gift for someone, so I can't post anything here other than this little teaser!


It's been ages since I did any cross stitch, and I have compiled a design from a book with some text for this gift. Pictures when it has been given to its recipient!

Oh, and I did create one more thing...


When I took the weekends catch up laundry off the airer, Simon crawled under it to get a toy. Cue to make a tent with a tablecloth! He sat and had a 'cup of tea' in there and posed for a photo before being off and about in his usual busy way!

Future plans include 
- a mini course doing a series of drawings, signed up for via this website http://taraleaver.com/2016/08/mini-painting-series-7-day-challenge/
Should be fun!
- doing some monoprinting, perhaps when my gift is finished
- this list of toys


I love to think about what I could do, getting it done is harder! I have very detailed plans somewhere for a Doctor Who themed quiet book, which may never get made...but planning it was half the fun! 








No comments:

Post a Comment