Tuesday 16 August 2016

Scribbles and visions

After my doodles on Monday I did some more doodling, trying out shapes and just going with whatever came into my head, no plan, no design.



It's so nice to just get drawing again!

To inspire me further I bought this book, all about drawing with red, blue and black biros! Perfect for this time of life, when I might just have those lying about the place, when I don't have time to get out lots of paints or want the 'help' I might get from a certain small person, when I don't want fabric full of pins lying around everywhere in case it gets stepped on. It's full of good starting points. I can't wait to try some out!


I also got this book.


Well, maybe I don't mind fabric with pins lying about in certain places, like behind the closed door of the spare room where I have my sewing corner! Plus it's just full of cute ideas I could adapt and make my own.

It's always tricky when you get to a certain level of expertise and in a way you don't want another step by step book as you have the techniques already, but they are good for ideas, and you can adapt them.

I like to have a vision, to have ideas for what I want to work on next, and I think that has been missing for a while, as my vision has been all about the house. Now is the time to re-envision myself, to think about my hopes and dreams.

One thing already in my plan is some monoprinting. This is a cool, quick, fun technique. Here's a quick YouTube tutorial from a guy called the Snake Artist...the video has got some snakes at the beginning so if you don't like snakes...the tutorial is good though!


Tracey Emin, who is one of my favourite artists, has done lots of monoprinting. (If you google it you will find some stuff that is not suitable for kids, just so you know!) 

Here's a longer tutorial that she's done, which is more the technique I've used.

http://www.ideastap.com/IdeasMag/the-knowledge/sky-academy-southbank-show-masterclasses-tracey-emin

Just need to find where I put all my printing stuff when we moved...


No comments:

Post a Comment