Friday 19 August 2016

Coloured scribble and snickers smoothie

Today I am posting about smoothies because I tried a new one yesterday, mostly because we'd had raspberry based smoothies for two days, then I went and bought some more raspberries, but I wanted a change! (I could have got strawberries but I thought, yum, I like raspberries, then realised we'd had a rather raspberry heavy week! At least it's all healthy!) 

Anyway...snickers smoothie! Three bananas, three teaspoons of peanut butter, three teaspoons of coco (not drinking chocolate!), a couple of handfuls of baby kale and some almond milk. (I always fill our blender up to the 3 cup mark, once I have put the other ingredients in, but it's about 500ml)


It was very yummy! Probably because it's not quite a healthy as our normal smoothie, but still healthy!

I also did some scribbling with coloured pens yesterday.


I wanted to see what some of my previous scribble techniques would look like if I used colour. I really like the circles! 

I also started a kind of zentangle, but as they are a very specific technique and I have messed about with it here, I'm not sure it it strictly speaking a zentangle, more a filling in with patterns and colours! If you're not sure what a zentangle is, this website has some good information http://tanglepatterns.com/zentangles/what-is-a-zentangle


Interestingly it felt a bit restrictive so I may not finish this one. I feel at the moment that I want to be a bit more free, a bit more random, a bit more go with the flow!

If you want find out more I can recommend this book about zentangle, which helps you get started and helps you develop and personalise the technique. You can get it on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Zentangle-Day-Relaxation-Inspiration/dp/1592538118/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471592610&sr=1-1&keywords=one+zentangle+a+day

I don't get any money for plugging Amazon (I wish!) but I do love to share a good resource...it comes from being a librarian's daughter! 

Have a fun and creative weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment