Monday 18 February 2013

Drawing.

I don't often do a drawing as a final piece these days. It's usually as a sketch or design for something else. However, tonight I wanted to do something creative but a sinus headache is making small scale stuff very tiring on the eyes. So I got a big piece of paper and my pencil cases with this as the end result. On Saturday we went to Strawbs concert, and their album Bursting at the Seams has a song called Lady Fuschia. I just had an image of a lady in pinks and purples, with those fuchsia flower shapes in her dress. Of course it's hard to get the image exactly how you wanted, and I think this is a little too neat. I wanted more Gerald Scarfe type lines, and maybe a more elongated figure. I also wanted her to look sadder than she does. I'm very pleased though, considering she's drawn from imagination.

The song is based on a character from Gormanghast, which I haven't read, so she's completely my invention and not based on that character. I didn't want her to be too 'Flower Fairy', but a bit more edgy and punky. Perhaps something to revisit, now I've got a clearer idea of what I like and don't like about this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment