Wednesday 17 October 2012

Finally finished!

I finally got round to finishing a project I started ages ago, in fact so long ago I can't quite remember when! I had an idea to make some glove puppets, and made a papier mâché head. This got painted and has been sitting, featureless and bodyless on my study window sill.
Puppets have made a bit if a return into my life, with a puppet show for the kids at Sunday School last weekend. It reminded me how much I love puppets, and I decided to finish off my unfinished fella.
So here he is! I used a John Piper furnishing fabric remnant for his body, felt for his hands (wrong shade really but I couldn't find any the right colour in my stash) and fleece for his scarf. His hair is fur fabric. He ended up an older man, just because that's what he seemed to be!
I think he look better than I do in the photos due to a virus which has wiped me out for the last couple of weeks.! Just need to write a story for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment