Tuesday 7 August 2012

Finished bag and dress

Here's two projects that I've recently finished. The bag was seen in progress in my previous 2 posts. It now has its handles attached. The hardest part was working out how to attach the lining, which I just couldn't get my head round. I managed it in the end! I'm pleased with the pleats in the fabric at the handle, and also how much stuff I can fit in it!
The other project is the dress, which I made using a reprinted 1940s pattern. The hem still needs some work, and I needed some advice from Mum on fit, but as it's the first dressmaking I've done for ages I'm really pleased. I'm planning to wear it to a swing jive event, which will give me a chance to try out another newly acquired skill - lindy hop!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo

    I just wanted to say how wonderful that you have carried on making your tags even though I can see how very busy you are and have been. Your bag and your exhibition work are all beautiful.

    We are so enjoying having your tags at Tag Tuesday. Just thought I'd take some time to let you know :o)

    Very best wishes
    Carolyn
    LOVE STITCHING RED
    and TAG TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole vintage look. Have fun at the dance. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete