Tuesday 20 September 2011

Back with a vengence!

Term started last week, and already I'm exhusted, I certainly know that the new term has started and it's the second year! New theme - Opposites, which had me agonising for most of the summer. I've finally settled on light and dark, which has already moved from magpies to tie dye, to African fabric to zebras. I'm sure it will move onto something else! Zebras are the current obsession though, I love their patterns, the contrast of the black and white, how they are all unique and yet look completely fantastic when gathered together. I've been painting, drawing and collaging, ready to start some embroidery and want to do some printing. I've also finally caved in and signed up to Twitter, you can find me @JoChorlton
Just a quick taster of work so far, a very simple image put together in Publisher of a clip art zebra on a background of African fabric. Love the contrasts!

1 comment:

  1. I like it! And the photo taken by Adrian is very beautiful.

    By the way, my mom liked "the Birthday album" very much!:))

    ReplyDelete