Monday 22 November 2010

First Life Drawing Class

Here are my first attempts at life drawing.

The head is too small but otherwise I'm quite pleased with this.

Different view but I think the proportions are mostly ok.

I'm especially pleased with the hands and feet of this one.

I need to learn how to do better hair, but I'm pleased with the proportions.
 All of these were down with pencil or graphite stick. Then I had a go with charcoal, which I think was much more successful.

This looks much freer and the shading is better.


The same image but in reverse on the photocopier.


Detail from my charcoal, photocopied and then worked over with oil pastel, and ink.


Details from the charcoal photocopied and worked over in pencil and oil pastel.
This was easier than I thought and I was quite disappointed to have to miss the following session due to a rather pointless hospital appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment