Friday 15 October 2010

The final hurdles.

This week at college was all about finishing off and how to mount our work. I was dreading this because we had an A1 board and needed to window mount pieces of work on it. This involved use of a craft knife - always a scary thought! I know that neatness is not my best asset, I find it really hard to get things precise, and trying to cut carefully was something I was not looking forward too!
But before I did any cutting I tried out lots of layouts - spot the difference!







I decided I liked the portrait layouts better, so my final layout choice was this.
All the images are surface mounted except the wardrobe (top left) and the embossing (bottom right).  I think the board reflects the theme of the project and the range of techniques that I have used.

As well as finishing the board, I have also finished my mini-magazine for my gift bag. Here are the pages, and front and back covers.

Front cover with white lettering

Introduction typed on the PC



I used Publisher to make the magazine. I did consider using InDesign but as I've never used it before I decided that I would stick with what I know, until I've got time to work out how to use a new program. All that's needed now is the final version of the gift bag and then a last sticking in session with the sketchbook. I'm just desperate now to know what the next project is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment